FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- What is the best way to contact someone at the Academy? Please email us at email@example.com. Our email is monitored 24/7 and is the best way to get a quick response. We would like to speak with every caller but then we'd never get our work done.
- What is the cancellation and rescheduling policy? Every student receives a reminder email 48 hours before their next lesson. We understand things come up. Please respond via email 48 hours before your scheduled riding time if you cannot keep your appointment. We are happy to work with you to reschedule.
- Are there still lessons when it rains? Yes there are. We ride rain or shine. Safety is our priority. If there is inclement weather such as thunderstorms, lighting, high winds and/or excessive heat we reserve the right to cancel and reschedule.
- What should I expect for my first lesson? For beginners, we teach you how to lead a horse, mount/dismount a horse, and horse control. For Intermediate/Advanced riders, your riding level will be evaluated by the Program Director and planned accordingly.
- Are my donations tax deductible? We rely on the generous support of people like you to keep the Academy going. Donations are tax deductible to the extent of existing laws.
- Where can I get my riding equipment? The Academy does not recommend or endorse specific riding equipment vendors at this time.
- What should I wear to my lesson? A properly dressed student should come to their lesson dressed in the following - Jodhpurs or riding breeches, riding boots, helmet, Academy polo. (The Academy store is currently closed. A regular polo or full-size T-shirt is acceptable).
- What if I don't have riding boots? A short boot with a slight heel is a good substitute or a sneaker. We will not let you on a horse with flip flops, sandals or open-toed shoes.
- What if I don't have a helmet? We have loaner helmets but strongly advise that you purchase your own as soon as possible. We will not permit helmets for any other sport on a horse.